ABOUT THE MANAGEMENT
Owners – Mark and Bobbi Haney
Photo © WhoTookThat.net
Bobbi and Mark Haney purchased the facility in early 2012.
Bobbi grew up in the area, riding and competing hunter/jumper and equitation, won several state titles and qualified several years for Medal McClay. Approximately 10 years ago, she switched disciplines to dressage, bringing her then hunter/jumper successfully along from training to second level. In late 2011, she purchased La Rumba (a.k.a. "Shakira") a 7-year old Oldenburg mare schooled through Fourth Level. During the 2013 show season, Bobbi earned her USDF Bronze Medal and is looking forward to continuing to compete and move up the levels.
In addition to her responsibilities at Oak Hill Farm, Bobbi is Chief Operating Officer at Payette, a leading architectural firm located in Boston. Bobbi has a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from Norwich University and a Masters Degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering from University of Wisconsin – Madison.
Mark was raised on a family-owned and operated farm in West-Central Illinois and has extensive experience working with livestock in a variety of settings. He has a degree in environmental science from Illinois and works as a senior consultant for a global environmental and engineering services company. In addition, he farms 650 acres as part of a 2,000+ acre, three-generation family farm that produces mainly non-GMO corn and soybeans.
Barn Manager - Hilary Millett
Hilary brings over 20 years of horsemanship skills with her, as the resident, full-time barn manager. As a young adult, she competed through Preliminary level eventing as well as dressage. Currently she is working towards her USDF Bronze Medal and Bronze Freestyle Bar with her Quarter Horse Paddington. She enjoys creating and riding musical freestyles and looks forward to developing one for Paddy at third level next year. Hilary works with a variety of nationally and internationally renowned trainers. Hilary and 'Paddy' have achieved many USDF awards, NEDA Year-End Awards, recently being named the 2013 USDF Region 8 Ist level Musical Freestyle champions and 2nd level Musical Freestyle Reserve Champions.
Her extensive experience includes:
- Being a working student for Volker Brommann at Huntington Farm in VT.
- Working for eight-time Olympian J. Michael Plumb schooling horses and competing under his tutelage both in Hamilton, MA and Southern Pines, NC.
- Managing the medium goal JAD Polo Team in Hamilton, MA.
- Managing the 100 head Palm Polo & Country Club/Broward Yachts' High Goal Polo Team. In this role, she worked closely with world renowned players, veterinarians, and farriers here and abroad, being on the forefront of breakthrough sports therapies for equine athletes which are now used throughout the equine sports world. She was responsible for the complete organization during the team's US and International Tournaments as well as selecting young stock for the team, bringing them along to tournament level play.
- Managing private Eventing/Dressage facilities as well as Hunter/Jumper facilities.
- Managing "La Club Hipica Guillermina," located in Argentina, where she organized both member and club horses for competitions and schooling. She captained the club's team successfully in regional show jumping competitions, competing herself to the 1.20 meter level. During this time she was also invited to compete in the Argentine Military Eventing Championships.